2014. december 29., hétfő

How not to learn Hungarian

I recently saw a video of a model teaching Hungarian...Here is the link:


I must say, you are not going to learn anything useful from it unless you walk around "full of grace" every day.
That is why I had to do my own version of it.
Speaking of learning Hungarian.. My boyfriend has been learning on his own from books and cd's for almost a half year now. I think he is doing really good, but still has some way to go.
Anyway, I always hear people say that Hungarian is very hard, but now when I actually try to help him and explain some of our grammar rules, I realize that it is truly pretty hard and it's not like any other language. You try to follow a particular grammar rule while learning, but exceptional verbs and nouns keep coming up and the only thing you can say as explanation to the question: Why you say it like this? Is: Just because...
You could might as well add: Good luck trying to understand...
So it comes as no surprise if my boyfriend asks:
Who invented this language? People set down and said: We are going to make a language so F-ed up that no one can understand just us?
Well, I would not be surprised if that was what really happened. :)
It is not impossible though at all, especially if you come to Hungary and spend some time, you get the hang of it really fast I believe, so anyone trying to learn do not give up!
Hope you enjoy my video below!
(P.s: Sorry for not holding the camera horizontal the whole time..) :)

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése